[whatwg] Output of web applications

From: Chris Taylor <Chris.Taylor@figureout.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2010 15:32:27 +0000
> Nikita Popov
> I don't quite know which element name to use best, maybe:
>
> <output>
> <output error> / <output info(rmation)>
> <output type="error"> / <output type="info(rmation)">
> (The question is, what is <output>, error or info?)
>
> What do you think?

I think having access to the full range of HTML elements for a response message is a very useful feature. For example:

<h3>Sorry, there was an error</h3>
<ul>
<li>Your email address is valid</li>
<li>Your password and its confirmation match</li>
</ul>

Whether there is a use-case for having a particular element that appears as part of the browser chrome I'm not sure, but I think that's probably what you're getting at. For example, see the message that shows at the top of the screen when an error occurs on Twitter (sorry, I don't have an example URL).

Chris