[whatwg] using postMessage() to send to a newly-created window

It sounds tempting to say that the postMessage should be queued until the
newly opened window is loaded, but what point in time is that exactly?  Is
that after the load event is dispatched on the newly opened window?

Note: a newly opened window can begin communicating with its opener much
earlier (via inline script execution).

However, if we try to dispatch the postMessage events before the load event
then the newly opened window may not have registered its event handlers yet.
 (A future <script> tag may define the event handler.)  So, I think we would
have to delay until the load event for the semantics to be sane.

There is perhaps a more critical issue that we should consider.  What
happens if the named window already exists?

Consider this case:

window.open("http://a/", "foo");
var w = window.open("http://b/", "foo");
w.postMessage("bar", "*");

I suspect the postMessage would be dispatched in this case, but the event
dispatch would probably go to the document at http://a/ instead of http://b/.
 This is because the browser has no way of knowing if http://b/ will
actually be displayable content.  It could be of a mime type that should
just be downloaded (in which case the indicated window is not navigated).

So, queuing is probably not a good idea.  Workers do not have this issue
since they cannot be "navigated" like a window.

-Darin