[whatwg] Multiple file download

From: And Clover <and-py@doxdesk.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 00:02:07 +0100
Boris Zbarsky wrote:

> or fixing UAs to only prompt once, to inventing yet another package format here.

I'd go further: why not just give UAs an option to decompress a ZIP
archive (or potentially other recognised archive format) to multiple
files (or a folder containing them)?

This would require no standards work and would be of general utility for
all existing file downloads (I'd certainly be happy to shed a few clicks
from the ZIP download-open-extract-delete shuffle).

--
And Clover
mailto:and at doxdesk.com
http://www.doxdesk.com/