[whatwg] Adding FormData support to <form>

From: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 01:32:32 +0000 (UTC)
On Fri, 19 Feb 2010, Robert O'Callahan wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 1:52 PM, Ian Hickson <ian at hixie.ch> wrote:
> >
> > toDataURL() was named that way for consistency with toString(), which
> > seems a closer analogue here than getElementById() and friends.
>
> But you're not really converting the form element into something
> equivalent, are you? That's what "to" methods usually imply, IMHO. Maybe
> it should be "createFormData" or "extractFormData"?

create* is generally used for independent factory methods that aren't
based on the state of the object they're invoked on.

extract* would be a new convention... I think toFormData() here is
converting the form to the same extent toDataURL() is converting the
canvas.

But I'll spec whatever ends up implemented, if it's implemented by the
time I get around to responding to this thread properly. :-)