[whatwg] canvas, img, file api and blobs

On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 1:15 AM, Stef Epardaud <stef at epardaud.fr> wrote:
> Now that I think about it, is it possible to replace a regular form's
> file input list (the list of File objects selected from an input of type
> "file" with multiple files enabled) with "processed" files? Like data
> coming out of a canvas, possibly by storing them locally (via storage)
> to get a File instance. Or are we then limited to sending those
> processed files via XmlHttpRequest?

This is something I've been thinking about too.

First of all, what is the use case? Once we have the FormData object,
you will be able to submit processed files using XMLHttpRequest
easily. So why do you want to use <form>s?

Another problem is that if this is a displayed <input type=file>, then
the user could overwrite the processed file with a user-selected file
at any time. This seems undesirable.

Trying to get a feel for what you're trying to build to make sure that
we have all use cases covered.

/ Jonas