[whatwg] <% text %> and <? text ?> in corporate intranet html content

From: Biju <bijumaillist@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 02:15:23 -0400
On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 12:56 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage at gmail.com> wrote:
> All of these cases appear to be an ASP or PHP page that is
> accidentally being sent as ordinary html.  You shouldn't be seeing
> these tags at all in the source of the page unless a server is
> misconfigured.

At least in one page I saw, which was Case 1 and page was originally
from a JSP or ASP template later modified and saved as a *.html

On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 1:26 AM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky at mit.edu> wrote:
> So the currently-specified behavior in fact matches the observed Firefox
> behavior (with either parser) on these simple testcases.

So will IE and Safari (may be chrome also, i have not tested it)
follow Firefox way?

Personally I prefer the IE way as I think one may able to make a
simple PHP or JSP editor just using contentEditable feature.