[whatwg] Qs about <details> element

From: Bruce Lawson <brucel@opera.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 2010 11:26:10 -0000
Hi

Couple of questions about the <details> element, raised by Shelley Powers
in  comments to an article I wrote on html5 doctor
http://html5doctor.com/summary-figcaption-element/

1) I read that <details> doesn't require any authorial scritping to work,
and that a details element should expand/ contract for user agents that
have JS disabled. Is that correct?

2) What should UAs do when printing? It seems to me that, when printing, a
<details> element should be open, regardless of the state of the boolean
open attribute. (because it's a markup attribute, there is presumably now
way for a print stylesheet to override this). Can that be added to the
spec?

--

Bruce Lawson
www.brucelawson.co.uk