[whatwg] HTML5 video <source> dimensions and bitrate

From: Chris Double <chris.double@double.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2010 14:30:29 +1200
On Sat, Aug 14, 2010 at 2:26 PM, Eric Carlson <eric.carlson at apple.com> wrote:
> ?mozDownloadRate - What are the units, bit per second?

Bytes per second.

> ?mozPlaybackRate - Is this the movie's data rate (total bytes / duration)?

Yes. This and mozDownloadRate were available internally already for
'can play through' calculations so I just exposed what we already
have. 'mozPlaybackRate' is a bad name though since there is already a
concept of 'playback rate' for playback speed.

> ?mozFrameCount - What do you propose a UA report for a partually downloaded VBR movie, or for a movie in a container that doesn't have a header (ie. one where you don't know the fame count until you have examined every byte in the file)?

This is another bad name for what it actually is. It's a count of each
frame as it is displayed. So the inverse of mozDroppedFrames really -
it probably should be mozDisplayedFrames or something. I'm not sure if
it's useful but it's the original stat I had for computing framerate
playback in JavaScript in my tests.

Chris.
--
http://www.bluishcoder.co.nz