[whatwg] Race condition in media load algorithm

On 8/9/10 6:28 AM, Philip J?genstedt wrote:
> Let's focus on how this interacts with the parser, because that probably
> changes everything else to fall into place, see below.

OK.

> In the case of a script triggering it, it's important that the
> synchronous section not be run until the script has finished modifying
> the DOM.

Why?  Maybe if I understood what we're trying to accomplish with the
synchronous section bit here I'd have a better idea of how it should work...

> If that's accomplished by waiting until the thread has finished
> or by means of the event loop isn't important as long as it's
> implementable and the result is 100% predictable.

Agreed so far.

> Modulo the effects of modal dialogs and other corner-cases, networkState should remain at
> NETWORK_NO_SOURCE for the remainder of the script that triggered
> resource selection.

I'd like to pin down why this is the case before even starting to sort
out the parser behavior, since that depends on the exact goal we're
trying to achieve.

-Boris