[whatwg] What is not possible with HTML5

On Mon, 7 Jun 2010, narendra sisodiya wrote:

> For example video telephony in browser is possible?

I sent some comments regarding this topic recently:

   http://lists.whatwg.org/htdig.cgi/whatwg-whatwg.org/2010-July/027129.html

On Mon, 7 Jun 2010, narendra sisodiya wrote:

> I clearly see the huge market in Virtual worlds like second life and
> augmented reality in mobile phones. WebGL is a rendering specification.
> I think , on top of webGL , we may need some higher order specification
> for 3D web. Who know, HTMLx may include <3dwall orientation='right'
> id='facebook-wall' /> type of tags,
>
> Anyway , I am a strong believer of Matrix. We will be having a similar
> sort of Matrix is future. So It is the question of future that - 'will
> Matrix us flash/sliverlight or Open Standards'
>
> If All of sudden we got huge bandwidth and second life will be most
> popular web browser. in second life one can have a 2D browser and other
> technologies. I was just trying to have a discussion of future version
> of HTMLx , open standards and future technologies...
>
> I have seen a 'lazy web' nature. first close standards comes and then we
> fight for an equivilant open standard.

That's one way to put it, though I would personally describe it as
allowing innovation to happen and then standardising what is successful.
Another way to put it is in the FAQ:

   http://wiki.whatwg.org/wiki/FAQ#Is_there_a_process_for_adding_new_features_to_a_specification.3F

On Thu, 24 Jun 2010, Julian Reschke wrote:
> On 24.06.2010 16:03, Marques Johansson wrote:
> > I would like to see a standardization of HTTP streaming, not
> > necessarily "adaptive streaming" - but that could also be useful.
> >
> > The HTTP spec is vague or incomplete on behaviors related to partial
> > requests. ...
>
> If you think that there is a bug in the HTTP spec then by all means
> check out the latest drafts, and in doubt report this on the HTTPbis
> WG's mailing list (pointers: <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/httpbis/>).

Indeed.