[whatwg] Channel Messaging (is it broadcast allowed?)

On Wed, 4 Aug 2010, JOSE MANUEL CANTERA FONSECA wrote:

> I'm playing with Channel Messaging in Opera 10.60. I'm trying to connect
> to the same port more than one browsing context in order to do message
> broadcasting. It seems it is not working.
>
> Are message ports intended to be used for broadcasting i.e. more than
> one browsing context listening to incoming messages?

More than one browsing context can listen to a specific MessagePort
object, but if you clone the MessagePort object, the original one becomes
orphaned and stops receiving messages.

If you would like more help, I recommend sending a link to the page in
question to the help at whatwg.org mailing list: