[whatwg] Should :default apply to checkboxes, radios, and options?

From: L. David Baron <dbaron@dbaron.org>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 13:55:55 -0700
On Friday 2010-04-30 13:46 -0700, Jonas Sicking wrote:
> Out of curiosity, what is the use case for :default?

For buttons, it's common to present the button that's the default
action for a dialog (the one that submits if you hit enter in a
textfield, for example), with a thicker border.  (For example,
in dialog boxes in Windows.)

For radios/checkboxes, one might want to present the labels
corresponding to the current state in a different font (perhaps
bold?) or color so that if a user switches away from the defaults
they can switch back without having to remember what they changed.
(I believe I've seen UI that does this, although I can't think
where.)

-David