[whatwg] framesets

Rimantas,

 >Maybe there are not many sites because nobody wants this type of sites?

You think nobody wants Javadoc? Javadoc has been shipping with an
read-only version of this use case for years.

The full use case is treeview database maintenance. Tree logic has been
slow to mature in SQL, is non-trivial in HTML as we see, and is hard to
generate from PHP/Ruby/whatever.

 >I hate this type of documentation sites personally.

Fine, you've no need for website maintenance of data-driven trees.
That's not a rationale for excluding framesets from HTML5.

 > And to me this use case looks built around the chosen implementation,

Wrong. Frameset was chosen because it provides the most efficient
available implementaiton.

 > while I prefers solutions built around solving the real need.

Which this is.

 >So you want HTML5 spec tailored for this particular case of yours?
 >Can I have <dancinghampsters> tag, please?

May I have rational responses please? This is not a request for a new
feature. I want HTML5 to continue support for useful HTML.

 >Nobody forbids you from using previous versions of HTML.

Correct, but excluding frameset from HTML5 increases the likelihood that
browsers will drop support for the feature.

PB

-----