[whatwg] Transparent Content

From: Yuvalik Webdesign <postmaster@yuvalik.org>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 16:21:53 +0300
I have an argument with a colleague of mine regarding Transparent elements. He filed a bug regarding this in bugzilla and I wrote to the html5doctor about it with a question, but neither action has answered our question.

The way I understand it, a Transparent Element can contain the same elements its direct parent can. The way my colleague understands it, is that a transparent element can be wrapped around any other element.

Which is it? Or is it something else?

The section about Transparent Content (3.2.5.2) Is not very easy to understand, any chance it could be re-phrased? Specifically this sentence:

?When a content model includes a part that is "transparent", those parts must not contain content that would not be conformant if all transparent elements in the tree were replaced, in their parent element, by the children in the "transparent" part of their content model, retaining order.?

If I knew what it meant I would offer a suggestion, but I am at a loss as to understand this.

Evert