[whatwg] localStorage mutex - a solution?

From: Rob Ennals <rob.ennals@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2009 14:13:03 -0800
[this is Rob Ennals from Intel, posting from gmail over my phone while
at tpac]

How about this for a solution for the localStorage mutex problem:

"the user agent MAY release the storage mutex on *any* API operation
except localStorage itself"

This guarantees that the common case of "several storage operations in
a row with nothing in-between" works, but gives the implementors the
freedom to release the storage mutex wherever else they find they need
to.

I ran this by a few people at the W3C tpac (where I am now) and
everyone I talked to seemed to think this would work.

Let the objections commence.....

-Rob