[whatwg] Cross-domain databases; was: "File package protocol and manifest support?"

From: Michael Nordman <michaeln@google.com>
Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 14:22:08 -0700
> Would there be a lot of overhead in just doing this through XMLHttpRequest,
> some processing, and the database API?

Good question. I think you're suggesting...
* statementsToCreateAndPopulateSQLDatabase  = httpGet();
* foreach(statement in above) { execute(statement); }
* now you get to run queries of interest

Certainly going to use more client-side CPU than downloading a fully
formed db file. I think the download size would greater (all of the
'INSERT into' text overhead), but thats just a guess. A database
containing FTS tables would change things a bit too (even less
client-side cpu, but more download size).