[whatwg] <nostyle> consideration

On Mon, 15 Jun 2009 21:26:21 +0100, Thomas Powell <tpowell at gmail.com>
wrote:

> 1) Head Usage
>
> <nostyle>
> </nostyle>
>

> 2) Body Usage
>
> <nostyle>
>  <h2>Warning: Styles required for correct rendering</h2>
> </nostyle>

Purpose of this element seems to make lack of CSS "not my problem" instead
of providing meaningful alternative.

This is not helpful for users without CSS. It only helps authors to
discriminate against them, and I'm strongly against it.

> Comments?

<noscript> is a very poor solution, and <nostyle> would be too. You should
use graceful degradation/progressive enhancement instead (in both cases).

--
regards, Kornel Lesinski