[whatwg] Browser Bundled Javascript Repository

From: Joseph Pecoraro <joepeck02@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 15:50:19 -0400
> The common JavaScript libraries should be identified using urn
> scheme with
> JavaScript namespace, as in
> <script src="urn:JavaScript:cool-acme-lib:1.0" ></script >
> Chris

Chris, this was what I was originally thinking of when I read about
tag-uri's in the Atom Publishing Protocol (which I think are now
defunct).

URN Schemes:
http://www.w3.org/TR/uri-clarification/

I don't know too much about URN Scheme's but I don't think they
provide as much benefit as a hash would be (ugly as they are).  In the
original email I alluded to canonical or easy to use identifiers that
would be alias's for the hash:

>    <!-- Canonical name as an identifier for a JS lib and version -->
>    <script rel="jquery-1.2.3" src="..." />

Maybe a URN Scheme would be optimal for a canonical name, but I still
like the SHA1 hash for verification/validation and dynamic growth.

- Joe