[whatwg] Proposal: JavaScript stack traces

From: Patrick Mueller <pmuellr@muellerware.org>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 09:14:04 -0400
Jordan Osete wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I've wondered for some time if it weren't possible to harmonize stack
> traces across browsers.

Personally, I don't feel like this sort of functionality belongs in an
HTML spec, but more in a JavaScript spec.

I posted a message to the es-discuss list this week regarding debugging
capabilities:

    http://www.mail-archive.com/es-discuss at mozilla.org/msg02595.html

Allen Wirfs-Brock posted a positive reply:

    http://www.mail-archive.com/es-discuss at mozilla.org/msg02596.html

Since then, someone else told me about some other JS debug-related
"standardized" stuff that's going on, and a Google Group that will be
set up to discuss.  I'll post back to the es-discuss group as I hear more.

--
Patrick Mueller