[whatwg] Google's use of FFmpeg in Chromium and Chrome

From: Kristof Zelechovski <giecrilj@stegny.2a.pl>
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2009 13:36:57 +0200
People are reluctant to learn new tools and new ways.  Most of the time it
is a sane protection from overwhelming abundance.  It is not limited to
programming languages, it can affect also video encoders.  It even affects
telephones (some people dislike telephones with keys).

Bjarne Stroustrup on this (quoting from memory):

I used to expect the programming languages of the future would be as easy to
use as a telephone.  Now I do not know how to use my telephone any more.

Moreover, I suppose every video encoder has parameters that you adjust to
get the best results, depending on the source video, so the problem is not
limited to choosing another encoder.

IMHO,

Chris