[whatwg] autobuffer on "new Audio" objects

From: Nils Dagsson Moskopp <nils-dagsson-moskopp@dieweltistgarnichtso.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 04:54:10 +0200
Am Freitag, den 31.07.2009, 00:26 +0000 schrieb Ian Hickson:
> On Mon, 20 Jul 2009, Nils Dagsson Moskopp wrote:
> >
> > I second that motion, not only as owner of a smartphone, but also as
> > someone with webspace that has a volume cap. Automagic audio element
> > buffering could deter web authors from dynamically putting more than one
> > element on a page, thus reserving javascript playlist widgets to those
> > who can afford more bandwith on an order of magnitude (!).
>
> This doesn't apply to elements on the page, only to script-created
> elements.

I was referring to exactly that. Creating an <audio> element for every
audible file in a directory isn't something one would necessarily do on
the server side.

But as long as there is a possibility to not trigger buffering when
creating media objects, all may be well.

Cheers,
--
Nils Dagsson Moskopp
<http://dieweltistgarnichtso.net>