[whatwg] Make quoted attributes a conformance criteria

From: Eduard Pascual <herenvardo@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 20:32:28 +0200
On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 7:35 PM, Aryeh Gregor<Simetrical+w3c at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Add:
>> In order to avoid errors and increase readability, using quotes is highly
>> recommended for all non-omitted attribute values.
>
> I don't think there's any value in having the spec take a stance like
> this. ?It's a matter of taste, IMO.

While I don't consider a hard requirement would be appropriate, there
is an audience sector this discussion seems to be ignoring: Authoring
Tools' developers. IMO, it would be highly desirable to have some
guidelines for these tools to determine when they *should* quote
attribute values.

On the "manual" authoring side, I'd like to insist on the idea of
highlighting the safety of always quoting attributes versus the risk
of mistaking a required quotation as optional.

Finally, I think we might come up with some wording that worked for both cases.

Regards,
Eduard Pascual