[whatwg] Create my own DTD and specify in DOCTYPE? Re: Validation

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 16:19:32 -0500
On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 4:10 PM, <Darxus at chaosreigns.com> wrote:
> On 07/21, Eduard Pascual wrote:
>> in your <body> and there you go. Your validator should be made aware
>> of what is supported on each "subset" you are using, and you will be
>> able to squeeze the most from each browser you whish to support, and
>> automate the validation as intended in the original use case.
>
> Is this sort of data (features supported by browsers) available?

Not in any official or complete capacity, but quirksmode.org has some
*very* good feature-support tables [1] and Deveria has a nice "Can I
Use?" tool [2] which does something similar.

[1]: http://www.quirksmode.org/css/contents.html (this is just css -
ppk has others)
[2]: http://a.deveria.com/caniuse/

~TJ