[whatwg] Codecs for <audio> and <video>

From: Kristof Zelechovski <giecrilj@stegny.2a.pl>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2009 07:43:49 +0200
Audible mouse feedback is an OS thing, not an HTML thing.
I would rather have programmatic access to the MIDI synthesizer rather than
be able to simulate it with a beep.
How do you detect that the client mixer is too slow?
Why can't you just get the premixed jingles from the server?
Isn't the reading voice a CSS thing?
Isn't sound transformation hard enough to deserve a complete API?  I think
allowing playing with binary audio data is not going to help most
programmers who do not have the slightest idea of how to deal with it.
Imagine a Canvas interface with PutPixel only.
IMHO,
Chris