[whatwg] Adding SVG Filter-like functionality to Canvas 2D Context

On Tue, Jul 7, 2009 at 11:37 AM, Hans Schmucker <hansschmucker at gmail.com>wrote:

> I should really add one point. The Canvas spec, above all, is
> predictable. You pretty much know exactly what you'll get when you
> perform certain actions.

Like arcTo?

> Relying directly on SVG filters makes things
> harder to understand and predict. A flat, stripped-down API

APIs don't remain stripped-down for long.

If you directly include SVG, a developer who wants to use it has to
> understand all of SVG,

That is completely untrue.

> which is a pretty big spec, with lots of
> unexpected behaviour. And as a result, often incorrect behaviour in
> implementations.

Yet you're asking us to duplicate code, which inevitably leads to even more
bugs.

Rob
53:5-6]