[whatwg] RDFa is to structured data, like canvas is to bitmap and SVG is to vector

On Jan 17, 2009, at 22:35, Shelley Powers wrote:

> Generally, though, RDFa is based on reusing a set of attributes
> already existing in HTML5, and adding a few more.

Also, RDFa uses CURIEs which in turn use the XML namespace mapping
context.

> I would assume no differences in the DOM based on XHTML or HTML.

The assumption is incorrect.

Please compare
http://hsivonen.iki.fi/test/moz/xmlns-dom.html
and
http://hsivonen.iki.fi/test/moz/xmlns-dom.xhtml

Same bytes, different media type.

> I put together a very crude demonstration of JavaScript access of a
> specific RDFa attribute, about. It's temporary, but if you go to my
> main web page,http://realtech.burningbird.net, and look in the
> sidebar for the click me text, it will traverse each div element
> looking for an "about" attribute, and then pop up an alert with the
> value of the attribute. I would use console rather than alert, but I
> don't believe all browsers support console, yet.

This misses the point, because the inconsistency is with attributes
named xmlns:foo.

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen at iki.fi