[whatwg] getElementsByClassName case sensitivity

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 00:57:15 +0100
On Mon, 12 Jan 2009 15:25:33 +0100, Stewart Brodie
<stewart.brodie at antplc.com> wrote:
> Ian Hickson <ian at hixie.ch> wrote (on 25 July 2008):
>> I've made [getElementsByClassName] consistent with how classes work in
>> CSS
>> (case-insensitive for quirks and case-sensitive otherwise).
>
> I was looking for some tests for this API and found some from Opera
> (found
> at http://tc.labs.opera.com/apis/getElementsByClassName/) but given the
> dates on them predate the latest spec changes (which causes some to fail
> now), I was wondering if up to date versions are now kept somewhere else
> instead?

The tests already take this change into account. It was agreed upon way
earlier prolly over IRC or so, but the specification hadn't catched up
with reality yet. I'm not sure what other tests you might believe to be
out of date (and why) and would be interested in knowing being the author
and all :-)

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>