[whatwg] Thread to run Web Socket feedback from the protocol ?

From: Alexey Proskuryakov <ap@webkit.org>
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2009 09:50:04 -0800

On 02.12.2009, at 23:46, Fumitoshi Ukai (????) wrote:

> If server sends back handshake response and a data frame, and close
> immediately, fast enough to run JavaScript on browser, how
> readyState should be?

I'd expect it to work in the same way it works for XMLHttpRequest -
e.g., in an onreadystate handler of XMLHttpRequest, readyState does
not change due to background processing of incoming data.

> It seems WebKit/Mac does former, and Chromium does latter, so
> LayoutTests/websocket/tests/simple.html would fail with Chromium.

For those not involved with WebKit development, the test is available
at <http://trac.webkit.org/browser/trunk/LayoutTests/websocket/tests/script-tests/simple.js?rev=51615
 >, and its expected results at <http://trac.webkit.org/browser/trunk/LayoutTests/websocket/tests/simple-expected.txt
 >.

- WBR, Alexey Proskuryakov