[whatwg] Remove addCueRange/removeCueRanges

Silvia Pfeiffer wrote:
> Precision is influenced more strongly by the temporal
> resolution of the decoding pipeline rather than the polling resolution
> for currentTime. I doubt the previous implementations of "start" and
> "end" gave you a 3 sample accurate resolution even for wav files.

I'll chime in here, having done extensive work with audio and video
codecs. With current codec implementations getting sample- or
frame-accurate resolution is largely a pipe dream. (Outside of the realm
of platforms dedicated to content production and playback.) Especially
for video there can be several seconds between keyframes, frame-accurate
jumps requiring complex buffering tricks.

A reasonable forward-compatible solution would be to allow (by whichever
method settled upon) millisecond-resolution to be specified for
setting/resetting from where/to play the clip. User agents could
implement a best-effort, not needing to guarantee any specific
resolution at this point.

   Regards,
Max Romantschuk

--