[whatwg] Exposing EventTarget to JavaScript

Ojan Vafai wrote:
>     If a linear list of things the event is targeting is sufficient, of
>     course, and we're ok with the random third argument of
>     addEventListener being carted around, then we might be ok using it...
>

> I think this is sufficient. Although it is a bit unfortunate that
> dispatch order is undefined.

Those are unrelated issues, aren't they?  The linear list I was
referring to is the proposed parentNode (or equivalent) chain; order
there is well-defined, presumably.  For each element in this list, one
can have multiple listeners for the event; the dispatch order here is
currently undefined, but that could be changed.

> Is there a reason that they can't dispatch in a guaranteed order?

You'd probably have to check with the folks who wrote DOM2 Events, if
the question is why the spec says what it says.

If the question is about current implementations, nothing obvious jumps
out at me in the one implementation I'm familiar with (Gecko's).

-Boris