[whatwg] native ordered dictionary data type in web storage draft

From: Patrick Mueller <pmuellr@muellerware.org>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 19:00:00 -0400
Maciej Stachowiak wrote:

> On Apr 14, 2009, at 1:03 PM, Patrick Mueller wrote:
>
>> This seems slightly different because it's making a dependency on
>> (unspec'd) JavaScript behavior.  Though I'd guess there are other
>> examples.
>
> FWIW I believe the next version of the ECMAScript spec will specify the
> order of for..in enumeration.

And that's another way to resolve the issue!  :-)

Checking some EcmaScript spec pages, like this one:

http://wiki.ecmascript.org/doku.php?id=es3.1:es3.1_proposal_working_draft

it appears that current versions of the spec have basically removed the
description that the properties are unordered, without specifying that
they're ordered, or how their ordered.  But a step in the 'right'
direction, I suppose.

--
Patrick Mueller