[whatwg] native ordered dictionary data type in web storage draft

Aryeh Gregor wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 1:54 PM, Patrick Mueller
> <pmuellr at muellerware.org> wrote:
>> Still doesn't seem like it makes sense to go ahead and build dependencies on
>> this (unfortunate, IMO) behavior.
>
> Isn't HTML5 all about mandating and building dependencies on
> unfortunate but entrenched behavior?

web storage is not yet entrenched.  Unless you count Safari :-)

This seems slightly different because it's making a dependency on
(unspec'd) JavaScript behavior.  Though I'd guess there are other examples.

This one may also be significant in that, as we start to see JS usage in
other environments, like servers, folks may want to reuse something like
the sql access defined in here in those environments.  Who wants two
different ways to talk to sql?  It would be nice for this bit to be as
clean as it can be.

--
Patrick Mueller