[whatwg] input type=hidden outside phrasing content

From: Andy Lyttle <whatwg@phroggy.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 14:59:34 -0700
>>     <input type="hidden" ...>

This is something I wanted to do recently.  I was building HTML in a
Perl script, adding table rows in a loop, and I wanted some rows to
contain text field with user-editable value, while for other rows I
wanted the value to be displayed but not editable (and I didn't want
to use a disabled text input, I wanted the value displayed as plain
text and use a hidden input with the value preset).  I believe I
wound up putting the <input> inside the <td>, which worked well
enough but if putting it directly inside the <tr> were valid I
probably would have done that.

--
Andy Lyttle
whatwg at phroggy.com