[whatwg] video tag : loop for ever

From: Lachlan Hunt <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 22:32:09 +0200
Eric Carlson wrote:
>   As we discussed on IRC today, I think a valid use case for looping is
> background audio. It is possible to implement looping from script, but
> as someone else in this thread commented, it will be very difficult to
> do cleanly (eg. without artifacts).

If this was done as some sort of background music for a game, then
that's reasonable.  There are many games that play annoyingly repetitive
music.

>   Having said that, I don't think that "loopstart" and "loopend" will be
> used frequently enough justify inclusion in the (first version of the)
> spec.

Agreed.

I think it's worth nothing that, according to Mozilla's documentation,
the <bgsound> element uses a loop attribute uses a loop attribute that
takes a number or the keyword "infinite".  The documentation for IE on
MSDN is, however, quite vague about what values the attribute accepts.

http://developer.mozilla.org/En/HTML/Element/Bgsound

Lachlan Hunt - Opera Software
http://lachy.id.au/
http://www.opera.com/