[whatwg] Workers and queue of events

Aaron Boodman wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 10:09 PM, Dmitry Titov <dimich at chromium.org> wrote:
>> Ok, it makes sense for OOM to treat it as other OOM cases.
>> If I may ask your opinion about related thing: SharedWorkers potentially
>> would run cross-process. IPC can stop/stuck for many reasons, taret process
>> can die in the midflight (killed by the user from TaskManager for example).
>> I guess in this case Worker.postMessage() could still just return as if
>> everything is ok, but nothing would happen. Is it the right behavior?
>
> I think it's OK to just drop messages in cases like this.

And if it becomes a problem we might in a future version be able to add
something like a 'messagepostfailed' event that is fired on the sending
port in case a message failed to reach its target for one reason or another.

However before we add any such mechanisms I think we should gain some
implementation experience. It has been raised that even the current spec
might be very hard to implement in a cross-process situation and so we
should be careful to add more complexity.

/ Jonas