[whatwg] Same-origin checking for media elements

On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 11:19 PM, Jonas Sicking <jonas at sicking.cc> wrote:

> An additional, though rather minor problem, is that implementations will
> have to delay the loadstart event until it has confirmed that the targeted
> file is in fact a real video file, and has confirmed that with relatively
> high level of confidence. Otherwise the size of random HTML files can be
> measured using the <video> element.

We can fire "loadstart" normally and return 0 in the "loaded" attribute and
"unknown" in the "total" attribute (however that should be encoded). (We
have to be able to return "unknown" since there can be situations, e.g. live
streams, where we'll never know the total size.)

Rob
53:5-6]