[whatwg] [canvas] imageRenderingQuality property

From: Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 09:59:30 +1200
On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 10:34 PM, Ian Hickson <ian at hixie.ch> wrote:

> Why not just have the UA run in a high quality mode the first time it is
> painted on, but if the script tries to paint again within a certain amount
> of time, switch to high speed?

This makes sense.

However, there is still a potential use case for speed vs quality hints:
when the author wants to treat some content on the page as visually more
important than other content. For example, you might have a gallery page
with a bunch of unimportant bling around the actual image/canvas you care
about.

I'm unsure whether that's realistic enough to justify supporting hints.

Rob
53:5-6]