[whatwg] input=datetime and unixtime?

Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> I did some searching through the archives, but didn't find anything at all
> that talked about this.  Out of curiousity, was there a reason that datetime
> doesn't store/send it's value as a unix timestamp?

IIRC, one reason is or better graceful degradation in legacy user agents
that don't support the datetime controls, and where no JavaScript based
alternative available.  In such cases, it's easier to get the user to
enter a date in the format like YYYY-MM-DD, than it is to have them
calculate and enter the number of milliseconds since the epoch.

--
Lachlan Hunt - Opera Software
http://lachy.id.au/