[whatwg] Some <video> questions

From: Charles <lists07@wiltgen.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 12:54:13 -0800
Thanks for the conversation, folks!

I was hoping that <video> would make Objecty <http://wiltgen.net/objecty/> redundant by making it easy for authors to embed video in a very simple, normalized fashion across formats, browsers and OSs.  Now I understand that <video> will be considered successful without having fixed video embeddeding in general, which is fine.

> Microsoft provides a QuickTime component for Windows Media; would
> that not be sufficient?

Unfortunately not.  There's the installed base problem we've talked about a lot in the thread, plus Flip4Mac WM doesn't support all Windows Media features.  Really, it was always just a stop-gap until Silverlight.

-- Charles