[whatwg] Reverse ordered lists

From: Siemova <siemova@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 14:19:58 -0600
Daniel Glazman wrote:

> Usually, the answer is "because nobody uses it anyway...".

Perhaps so, but I certainly wouldn't say nobody wants to use reverse-ordered
lists. I've seen plenty of them across the web (whether non-HTML or hacked
via CSS, tables, etc.), and more than a few complaints that there's no easy,
standardized way to make them. Besides, designing and implementing such a
feature ought to be so easy for W3C and UA's that the (admittedly minor)
benefit would be entirely worth the small trouble. I'd never claim my
proposal to be earth-shattering, but it's not much less worthwhile than the
"start" attribute. They're both useful in certain
infrequent-but-not-improbable situations, and stay out of the way when not
needed. :)

- Jason (Siemova)