[whatwg] Semantics and related feedback

On 28/12/08 04:09, Ian Hickson wrote:
> I agree that conventions differ between media, but if the author wants to
> tweak the settings for each media, CSS and class values already exist to
> take care of this.

That's true for authors only (the party least likely to want to tweak
settings for other media and most likely to get them wrong). It's not
true for default user agent stylesheets, it's not true for user
stylesheets, and it's not true for user interfaces for controlling
presentation.

Realistically, I think one either has to say these differing conventions
are not important enough to be represented on the web or that "i"
doesn't actually deliver media independence on this front. "i" plus
microformats might.

--
Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis