[whatwg] RDFa Features

From: Ben Adida <ben@adida.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 14:49:58 -0700
Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> Consider the question to be asked by me as well.  A host of a popular
> format forgets to maintain its registration and gets squatted by a
> malicious person. They pick up another url to host their schema on, but
> legacy pages are still pointing to the old url and now may have poisoned
> semantics.  Do we have a recourse?

Well, for one, if you've got prefixes, you just need to change where
your prefix points :) So that's kinda nice.

But really, if an authority on some topic gets hacked, what is your
recourse? What happens if Google forgets to renew their domain
registration for one of their subsites (it happens to the best of us)?
There are legal recourses that are beyond this discussion here.

But really it comes down to: do you believe in the general sanity of the
architecture of the Web? I do. It's worked pretty well so far.

-Ben