[whatwg] Scripted <video> query proposal

From: Eric Carlson <eric.carlson@apple.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 06:46:54 -0700

   Yes, and the Windows version is here: http://trac.webkit.org/browser/trunk/WebCore/platform/graphics/win/QTMovieWin.cpp#L695

> Does that actually enumerate all supported codecs? Looking at the
> Webkit code and the Quicktime docs, it looks like it's just
> enumerating file/container types.

   Indeed the code enumerates movie importers and just builds a list
of the MIME types supported by QuickTime, so it can not yet deal with
a type string with an RFC4281 "codecs" parameter. We are working on
that requirement, but the current approach is still useful because the
"codecs" parameter is not yet widely used.

eric