[whatwg] Creative Commons Rights Expression Language

Kristof Zelechovski wrote:
> If I understand it correctly, we do not have a problem with the colon as a
> namespace separator.  Our problem is that "a:x" sometimes means the same as
> "b:x" and there is no reasonable way to make legacy browsers support this.

But... legacy browsers have no way to display a Progress Bar either, right?

RDFa does *not* affect how something is rendered. It just tells you what
portions of the page mean what exactly (this is a license, this is a
tag, etc...) So we're okay if legacy browsers don't understand it, they
can simply ignore it. In fact, even new browsers can ignore RDFa,
leaving the job to an extension. But of course, everyone is much better
off if RDFa can be validated in HTML/XHTML.

-Ben