[whatwg] hashchange only dispatched in history traversal

http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/#onhashchange
| onhashchange
|
|    Must be invoked whenever a hashchange event
| is targeted at or bubbles through the element.

I see it fires on History Traversal:
| If the specified entry has a URL that differs from the current entry's
| only by its fragment identifier, and the two share the same Document
| object, then fire a simple event with the name hashchange at the body
| element

Is 'hashchange' an event that fires every time window.location.hash changes?

I'm not sure what that has to do with the body element. This may be
one of those new ideas that may not ever see widespread
implementation. I'm interested in discussing the other issue that is
more relevant to existing standards and implementations
(Misconceptions Documented).

Garrett