[whatwg] Full screen for the <video> element

From: Gervase Markham <gerv@mozilla.org>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 14:50:59 +0000
liorean wrote:
> I'm sure Gervase just doesn't use a Mac, so he hasn't felt how lacking
> the support for full screen mode is in Mac browsers.

It's true that I don't use a Mac.

However, I think it's a reasonable position that the idea of "going to
full screen" is a user agent thing (no matter what type of UA it is,
even mobile) but that content should be able to respond appropriately
when users make that change. If this sucks on Firefox on the Mac, we
need to fix Firefox on the Mac.

[The only problem might occur if there was an OS whereby every app was
always "full screen", and so such a function would make no sense.]

Whether switching to CSS "projection" is the right thing to do I'll
leave to the CSS experts, but I do think there should be an event.

Gerv