[whatwg] Apple Proposal for Timed Media Elements

From: Dave Raggett <dsr@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 09:09:44 +0000 (GMT)
>From an accessibility perspective the proposal lacks support for
captioning. There should be a mechanism for enabling/disabling
captions to avoid disadvantaging people who have difficulties with
hearing the audio. It should further be possible to control the font
size for captions to avoid disadvantaging people who don't find
small font sizes intelligible. I don't think that the Web
Accessibility folks will find the fall back text to be a compelling
solution, and it is no longer acceptable to ignore accessibility.

p.s. the step function refers to frames but I was unable to find out
whether the interface provides the current frame rate. This would
appear to be an oversight.

  Dave Raggett <dsr at w3.org> http://www.w3.org/People/Raggett