[whatwg] Apple Proposal for Timed Media Elements

From: Sander Tekelenburg <st@isoc.nl>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 05:36:16 +0100
At 17:08 -0700 UTC, on 2007-03-21, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:

[...]

> <http://webkit.org/specs/HTML_Timed_Media_Elements.html>

I'm worried about "The controller attribute is a boolean attribute. If the
attribute is present, the user agent must display a user interface which
allows the user to control the media element."

If this is to be taken as "if an author provides no controller attribute, the
UA is to not provide a UI", I'd have to vote against that (for reasons
mentioned earlier ;)). What about instead allowing authors to set controller
to display:none? That would give authors the freedom to suggest present
movies controllerless, but leave the end user the option to override that, as
I think it should be.

--
Sander Tekelenburg