[whatwg] <video> element feedback

From: Robert Brodrecht <whatwg@robertdot.org>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 17:57:12 -0600 (CST)
Christoph P?per said:
> Maybe it is a stupid idea, but is something like the following
> imaginable to make a XHTML5 browser display inline video with a basic
> UI without the need for scripting?
>
>    <form method="MEDIA">
>      <video src="pretty.ogg"/>
>      <button type="play"/>
>    </form>

I was somewhat concerned with the script-only controls.  Your's is a neat
approach if you wanted a custom, scriptless UI for the element and I think
it may be a good idea to have scriptless UI controls.  I don't know what
people would say about the form as "extra code" on the minimalistic
<video>.

That said, if the video controls are built in via a fade-in menu like
iTunes video or (if they must) via a right-click menu, I think I could
live without scriptless UI controls.  They'd be nice, though.

--
Robert <http://robertdot.org>