[whatwg] <video>: togglePause() versus pause()

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 11:19:17 +0100
On Sun, 18 Mar 2007 22:09:02 +0100, Magnus Kristiansen
<magnusrk+whatwg at pvv.org> wrote:
> I would suggest the opposite. For basic actions like play and pause,
> play() and pause() are the most natural options. I question whether we
> need a command to toggle between play/pause at all. Any UI which uses a
> combined play/resume button has to know which state it is, so it already
> knows which command is relevant.

Yeah, I suppose that makes sense. I just noticed that the specification
has a note in the source of making <video> an element with activation
behavior whose default action would be to trigger togglePause()... That
might actually be interesting.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>